Friday, May 1, 2009

Introducing my new friend Neti!!!

(photo not me -I'm not that graceful with Neti - taken from Google images from the Oprah show)

Sadly I bought my raw honey too late this year to ward off some sort of pollen. i don't know what is attacking me, but I hate it! So when a good friend from high school called to chat the other day all it took was "hello" for him to know I was dealing with sinus sort of ICK....for over a week my head has felt as if it surely would explode and my throat would surely combust in flames....

dreading the mess, I had attempted a few things to try to keep it from going that far. But nothing was giving me more than a couple hours reprieve....UNTIL....

Oh did I mention that my friend just happens to be an allergist. He tells me I should get to know Neti if I hadn't already....okay I've heard of and seen Neti, but SERIOUSLY?!! And now a medical professional is sharing with me about this...
Problem is, knowing this friend there was also the (STRONG) possiblity of me doing this and him sitting back and laughing hysterically at just the knowledge & mental image that I had done something so goofy and in reality it be worthless. However, he convinces me by explaining how he knows how little I like meds and how much I prefer to handle things as naturally as possible that this is perfect for me and I should really try it...
WELL....although natural as far as contents go, this is about as UNnatural as far as doing it....and as weird as they come if you ask me!!

when I explained to my friend that I hate/fear putting things up my nose he just said "umm...what about your finger?"
Who needs such 'friends?' UGh.....
oh yeah...I do!
so let me introduce you to my new best friend Neti.



As much as I hate to admit it, my friend,Ryan, gains points for this recommendation, (and I MIGHT consider forgiving him for his bets against my latest fitness attempts). It's FABULOUS!! Seriously if you haven't tried this...Go...go now...REALLY GO! and get one, you need to get to know Neti too!!

although I warn you...I will probably chuckle at the mental image of you doing it, because you will look goofy - just like me (but it really does work, I'm not just telling you that so you will look goofy)!!

No comments: