Wednesday, August 12, 2009


I feel as if I stepped off the plane and right into school planning. I'm excited about the changes we're making in school with my kiddos. New curriculumes (Sonlight & MathUSee) I feel like I'm finally getting in the swing of things. We've been homeschooling a year and a half now. I'm constantly learning and getting more and more comfortable with it. I have so much I want to accomplish this year that I am not sure how I'm going to do it. My sister told me about this book she got a while back that she has really liked. So I just ordered it. My sister is the organized one. She does lists (she LOVES lists). She plans activities for her toddlers. She has the kids toys organized into activity boxes so all the toys aren't out all the time....
Me....I'm the fly by the seat of my pants sister. I think lists are fun, but where did I put i that list??Toys are all over my house tucked in baskets, shelves, trunks, etc....I've always been totally unorganized and in most things in life, I have a come what may type attitude. I don't mind that part of me too much, it's what makes living in Honduras easy for us. BUT when it comes to parenting and homeschooling, I do not want to be that way. I don't want our day to be like traditional school, but I want to ensure we are getting done all that we need to plus all that I WANT to....and having a great time doing it!!! I don't have my kids at home for very long and I want to ensure I don't look back and say "If only I'd...." or "If only we'd...."merely because I was so unorganized and la la la....

I'm looking forward to the book arriving and seeing what I think and if I can implement any of the principals....my problem is that me nor my sweet hubby are routine oriented people. We are HORRID at routines and follow through and that's the biggest thing I'd like to improve on....just the simple stuff....daily Bible study, keeping the laundry put away, weeding the garden...simple stuff that I seem to let slide on a 'busy' day!
So we'll see.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thumbed through that book very briefly at the curriculum fair in July. I wish I had taken more time to go through it. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!