Saturday, August 22, 2009

Traditions....





















Old school meets modern day....our freezer let's us crank til we are tired and then turn on the electric!! PERFECT!!

Homemade Banana Ice Cream in the summertime is tradition....well at least it's a MUST or it's not summer...does that make it a 'tradition'?
I don't know but it's YUMMMMMYY!!! My Mother and Daddy make it - had some last weekend made by them for my b'day. Tonight we are going to an "Ice Cream Social" (is that a southern thing?) and of course....it just must be banana!!

So yummy!! Want to make some too (you know you want to...you really just must!)? Well now you can join in the tradition....here's the recipe:

Vanderpool's World Famous Banana Ice Cream
(okay so I made up the name and perhaps it's a stretch, but I was an Army brat and we did live outside the US....and we did make it every summer wherever we were....and people always wanted the recipe)

2 cups sugar
6 eggs (can use egg beaters)
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Tbsp vanilla
3 small very ripe bananas, mushed
(as in you want them mushy and brown no mold, but the riper they are the sweeter they are)

Put all in your ice cream freezer cannister.
Finish filling freezer container to fill-line with milk (mine doesn't have a line...if yours doesn't just do it til it's about 2/3rds full as it will expand as it freezes)

and send that freezer spinning....!! YUMMMY!!! I guarantee satisfaction....if not completely satisfied...
well just give it to me!!

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

Oh my goodness, I want homemade icecream so very badly now! We got rid of our "icecream maker" in one of the many military moves.... I wonder if my parents still have theirs? I may have to call my mom and ask her to bring it down in a few weeks when she comes to visit!
Sounds like a wonderful recipe, and I have banana's in the freezer that would be perfect for it. I will save them in anticipation.