Thursday, August 13, 2009

sigh....


(photo taken by my friend Chad looking out our front windows at our house in Trujillo)

We picked up all our suitcases today. Which means we're really back....well our stuff and our bodies are....
my heart and brain are still adjusting. I just look around and feel so stinkin' spoiled and wasteful. I do not have a house filled with what I would call 'nice stuff.'
yet....I do.
I don't have a 'nice car.'
yet....I do.
I'm amazingly spoiled with 'stuff' And in a few weeks I know that the reality is I'll be back in my true North American mode and wanting more 'stuff' So I write this to remember that a few days ago one of the nicest things I had was the view from my window, and it was more than enough!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a really nice thing to realize honestly. We all should stop with the quantity thing and be happy with the simple day to day gems.
Thanks for posting!

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

Thanks Amber! I agree completely.

The Claunch Family said...

Those are such nice thoughts...