Monday, October 12, 2009

"Make new friends but keep the old one is silver and the other gold"

I went to a private Christian high school my last 2 years of high school.

We had chapel every day.

as boring as it could be some days I really did like it! Song request days when you knew who was going to request what song and you'd roll your eyes at the person next to you...or giggle when someone requested a certain song for the express reason of hearing the accent the leader used to sing that particular song & everyone giggled....etc etc I just loved it!
half the time we were half asleep during chapel, but there was just something about it. I never hated it. Never once....

okay maybe once

but that's a crazy silly story about a note found by our principal and READ ALOUD by him IN CHAPEL in front of EVERYONE. he didn't read the names of who the note was from and to (WHEW!!!), although everyone was sure they knew who the note was to and from..................
they were wrong
but the 3-4 of us that knew never told...hee hee!!

So, this past Sunday I had a sort of deja vous (love spellcheck) moment. I felt liked I'd stepped back in time a bit. There was even the occasional embarrassing moments (thanks Laura...ha ha!!)
In worship Sunday I sat with a friend from high school on either side of me and one in front of me.
We sang together, prayed together, laughed together and some of us then had lunch together.

What a blessing....a real gift!!! Even better, their wonderful spouses!! Truly my friends married so so well!!

And the reality check moment...our children becoming friends and enjoying being together!

Where have the years gone?

Wasn't it just yesterday that Vangie requested again "God Put a Rainbow in the Cloud" before heading off to Calculus?



I had meant to get a picture with all the kiddos, but I just forgot.
oops....kind of like my homework!

4 comments:

Laura at By the Bushel said...

How true, both are precious...

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

Hey Laura I met several people that know you this weekend as I worshipped at Rolling Hills. However at the moment I'm just drawing a blank on names as I met quite a few at worship. It was a very friendly welcoming congregation for sure!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey I do what I can to keep things interesting! Ha Really didn't mean to embarrass! I just don't think sometimes.....obviously! It was so great to see you and your beautiful (inward and outward) children! Have to get together again when you come back this way! Again great to see you!

Laura

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

ha ha...no worries Laura! just picking on you!! I don't think any of us minds, the facts are the facts and we're all pretty comfortable with them I'd say. Cracked me up really more than embarassed me :-) I agree we'll have to set aside some time to get together next time. Ryan has told MaryKyle to come back to ride horses and now she is talking about that all the time...so I'm pretty sure it won't be terribly long before we get back...or we might go insane :-)