Monday, February 15, 2010

My Sweet Valentine

Photobucket
(our table set for a Valentine's day breakfast of whole wheat applesauce streusel muffins)

After insisting on my napping after our Valentine lunch of homemade lasagna and dark chocolate fondue with fruit and homemade vanilla marshmallows (one of my hubby's favorite treats) & that he would do the clean up (and skip his traditional Sunday afternoon nap) I just THOUGHT my Valentine's day celebrations were complete. 
But then.....
last night at worship my Valentine was running the projector and sound equipment upstairs so he didn't get to sit beside me and and hold my hand as usual.  But as worship began, John Mark handed me a folded up note (think school days).  On the front was written in my sweet hubby's easily identified handwriting my name and the words


"Read Me Now"

so I opened it to find this typed message:

CRACK THE CODE

Solomon 3:2 word 2
Solomon 2:17 word 8
Solomon 2:13 Last two words

If yes, then after the Amen

Solomon 2:11 word 1
Solomon 1:2 word 4
Solomon 1:7 word 28
Solomon 5:2 word 22
Solomon 6:12 word 12 but singular and not literal

So I cracked the code to reveal this message:

"Will you flee with me?"  

and then, since (after much thought and deliberation...ha ha) I decided I'd say "YES" it continued:

"see me beside my chariot"

Then he'd written
"After the final Amen.  Speak to no one.   No children." 

My sweet Valentine had arranged a babysitter to take the kids home and all that went with that (feeding them,  putting them to bed, etc etc)
When I walked out of the church bldg doors My sweet sexy Valentine was waiting.  "Chariot" pulled up by the doors to the church bldg, leaning on the side of the car with my door opened and waiting for me.

And off we went....
God is so GOOD!!!! 
(and so is my man!!)

4 comments:

EmileeHope said...

So sweet! Sounds like a great Valentines Day surprise!

MILLYROUX said...

WOW! So adorable! WOW! Just WOW! :)

Carrie said...

that is the most awesome thing ever! you incredibly lucky woman!

Andysbethy said...

I was almost too jealous to comment, but I decided I had to at least say "wow". I love the detail of the code. That is sooo cool. Sounds like a really fun Valentines Weekend all around.