Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tomorrow will be IT I think!

Teachers and faculty go back to school tomorrow. We've already told our kids teachers they won't be coming back, but I've not done the 'official' withdrawal. Tomorrow will be that day I do believe. It will shock some....I hate feeling as if I have to explain myself to others. I know I know...I really don't...but it's just that feeling I hate and I always feel like I have to in any situation. Hubby is always assuring me I don't have to explain anything...I'm just weird that way I guess.
I've been involved in PTA and other school stuff so seriously it will come as a shock to some. That's okay though, I'm prepared for it and honestly I don't 'care' all that much...that sounds more harsh than I wish for it too. I do care what others think, but we feel strongly that this is what is best for our family and I feel so right about it that other's reactions almost make me laugh...is that bad?? probably so, but it's true.
I am however trying to be cautious what I say because I do not want to offend or put them down for their choice for their family, I'm not a homeschooler that thinks it's the only way. Any time it comes up I feel as if I'm walking on eggshells and trying to think before I speak (something I should do all the time I know) so as not to say something that might be perceived as offensive...whew...plus who knows perhaps we'll stink at it and I'll want to put them right back in.
Publish Post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you but I am proud of you! :-) I am still fighting that feeling to explain to people. especially school officials, why I homeschool. I ignore the feeling now and just tell people..that is what my husband and I feel is best for our children. If they ask more than I go into details but otherwise I just leave it at that.

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

THANKS for the comment Mama Teacher!
I appreciate the encouragement so much. You are so right!