Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Getting to know us



Well, I figure since I'm blogging I should intoduce ourselves (although who knows if anyone will ever truly read this or care..ha ha).
My husband and I met at a small Christian College in West Tennessee (www.FHU.edu) We were good friends til his senior year. Then we dated 3 weeks before getting engaged. Crazy, huh? But I was blessed to have parents who literally prayed every day of my life that I would find and marry a wonderful Christian man...and as my Mom said when I became engaged to a stranger to her "I won't argue with the way God does it"...I was so blessed to have praying parents, because I have a wonderful life with an incredible man I love and adore!!!

We have two children legally....four in our hearts...
we are foster parents you see., which makes life interesting!! The picture on the top left is the first little angel we were blessed to have in our home. He came weighing right at 4lbs and left at 13 months old. Also included are some of our other angels and one group shop of our current family!

Our oldest is an 8 year old daughter who loves to draw, read, & write. She is a delight to parent and amazes us daily. She is our social butterfly who makes friends within seconds. Even her first time in Honduras she had playdates and slumber parties with friends she couldn't speak the same language of...didn't stop her and she found other ways to communicate!

Then there is our 6 yr old son. he likes to run, play, read (well sometimes), ride his bike, and do math!! yes, he loves math! He doesn't get that from his Mommy for sure!!! he adores his family and is happiest when we are all together at home! He ensures we are hugged just about hourly!!

Then there is our 3 yr old. He left when he was 13 months old. We had him from when he came home from the NICU at 2 1/2 weeks weighing 4 lbs. Funny. my heart still tells me he's mine, but he was placed for adoption with a couple who had also adopted two of his half siblings and we've not seen him since.

Our youngest just turned 2 last week. She is SOOO full of energy..comprehends more than I remember any of the others at this point in life. She loves to charm EVERYONE she meets!!
We've had her since she came home from the hospital at 3 days old. They plan to take her soon to live with her bio grandparents...we've fought, but can't seem to stop it. She is a huge part of our family and we love and adore her, and just try to cherish each and every day we are blessed to have her with us!!

We are a family who loves God and strives to keep Him at the center of our home.

My husband owns a training consulting company. We started the business last year so he could spend less time commuting and more time with the kids and also more time in Honduras. We always joke that someone is going to pinch us and we are going to wake up from this dream, but it's just wonderful having him home every day!

So that's us in a nutshell....plain ol folks...nothing exciting at all really...just working at getting through this life one day at a time so we can enjoy the next!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I followed the church of Christ homeschool yahoo group posting you had to this blog. My name is Jessica Boggs and I met my husband at FHU. I was there only 2years, couldn't wait to marry him! He graduated though and went on to get his masters in Bible later. I finished at a small college in North Carolina where we lived for the first 8 1/2 years of our marriage. My husband has been to Honduras and studies Spanish through Rosetta Stone. Our church has had a school in Honduras for several years, but a church in Colorado is now heading up the school. We still give a lot of support and several members make many visits there. We homeschool our 3 children--our Grace was adopted 18 months ago. She turned 5 years old yesterday. We fostered a newborn for just a few months 5 years ago, and it was so hard to give her back. I just read your blog and thought we had a lot in common, so I wanted to say "hello." I am new to the yahoo group too.