Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In Training

We've started something new and crazy in this house this week (seriously if you know me you can laugh). We are training. We have decided to get healthy as a family. Watching how much John Mark loves to run when playing baseball we decided to train for a 5k (baby steps) to do all together. That may not be a big deal for you, but for us...huge...well for me. Hubby has run a marathon (and biked 100 miles, etc) and John Mark loves to run and never wants to stop. MaryKyle is always game for exercise although running is a whole new thing to her. We are starting very slow, but ran walked 2 miles last night on a short interval which was doing pretty good for us. Our plan is to get signed up for one that first weekend in Dec.
Pacing together and encouraging each other along the way is a big learning experience. But last night especially we did super at pacing together. Plus it's just been plain ol fun to get out on these fabulous fall evenings and take a jog and chat with each other...It's a fun time together! Last night's run we ended in a prayer of thanksgiving for our health and for each other!

I am beyond BLESSED

(I figured if I wrote it on my blog then I would stay committed to the goal)

2 comments:

EmileeHope said...

Sounds awesome! I am impressed. I hate to exercise as well, but you really do feel better when you are done, and if you have someone to do it with they will hold you accountable and you are more likely to stick to it. So happy training!!!

Lisa said...

Super!! Thad was talking about it the other day, while admiring Jon's bikes! Its exactly one mile to the Comet and back from our houses, so that is a good marker to have (I've find it useful, at least!!). Keep going!!! Its a great feeling when you cross that finish line! :)