Friday, November 14, 2008

We proclaimed tonight family movie night.


I made this for my family:


they said it was yummy...here is the recipe:
Peanut Butter Popcorn
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup unpopped popcorn kernels

Pop corn in an air popper and place in a large bowl. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup over medium heat. Stir until bubbly and sugar is completely dissolved. Remove the pan from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Evenly pour the mixture over the popcorn and combine well. Let cool for 2 minutes before serving (best eaten with fingers).
**note from the cook - I can not eat popcorn so I can not personally vouch for this new recipe except that it looked and smelled yummy! I got it from The Dish on Delish




Thanks to our new Clear play DVD player we enjoyed watching The Empire Strikes Back.
..oh wait..
I didn't enjoy it one bit. I hate Star Wars.
But I do enjoy having my gang snuggled up in one room on a cool wet evening!

And if you have kids and don't have a Clear Play DVD player, I give it two thumbs up! We are very selective when it comes to what goes into our children's brains and this DVD player allows us to be even more in control and allows the ability to show them movies that we otherwise wouldn't, it even lets us watch things that we wouldn't otherwise ourselves either! There's my review for the week...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just tell yawl are having a great Fall ! I love reading and mostly looking at your pics ! SO MUCH FUN ! Looking forward to your Winter post !

Lots of Love, Bev

PS - Please, please, please print me a pic of the Honduras kettle in the kitchen !

EmileeHope said...

I love movie night! How fun! Growing up we didn't have cable so we normally just watched movies on our 19" t.v. (Which we had upgraded to from our 13"-I don't think we had a tv with a remote until I was in college!!) The only channel we could get to come in really clear was PAXTV-so my parent's didn't mind us watching that because it was a Christian station or something because all the shows were very family friendly!

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

Hysterical Emilee...because we DOWNGraded to a 19" TV...I know most think we are nuts...we traded our larger TV with friends for a smaller one. We don't have 'cable' (basic to run our phone and internet on, but didn't get us a single extra channel from rabbit ears)
And we have no remote. only because it's broken, but it has been for like 2 years and we don't seem to be in a rush to replace it at all!! Ha ha...yep we are living in the 'dark ages' in our house and I love it!! Our movie nights until Clear Play were watching movies on our laptop...the best is our kids never questioned it..ha ha!!