Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday...nothing exciting

typical day in our home today...nothing exciting really. I took the kids for their check-up this morning. By the way, if you don't have a pediatrician that you LOVE you deserve one. I mean...I feel like our pediatrician is family. She is so good to us. I can't even begin to tell you what she has done for us and means to our family



My kids as I try to distract them from the possibility of shots (notice her eyes) the camera worked for a sec...when does that panic in them go away? Although they did really really well. But I had to laugh at MaryKyle, she was saying "okay hold on give me just a second I need to breathe and focus just give me a sec" ha ha ha!! Bad Mommy moment...I truly laughed out loud and she then looked at me so pitiful and went "Mommy PLEASE stop laughing it's just not funny!" oh did I feel bad, and swallowed my giggle as best as possible.

She forgave me...thankfully!

after the appt we met my Mom and they went for some Grandmama time before she heads out of town for a little bit.

Then Mommy enjoyed a Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte from my favorite Coffee Shop...and ran into friends.

and went shopping with hubby for a new project for the house....can't wait to see how it turns out...hopefully it will not be wet and rainy tomorrow and I can paint and get it done...if so I will put some pictures.

The kids came home and I made this for dinner:


the picture and recipe are from a great blog I read

it was actually really good. I added some shrimp I threw on the grill. the kids did love the pine nuts, she was right!

So that was our day. It was a plain ol regular day in our home...it was a good day!

oh and just so I won't forget in the future...

MaryKyle was as always in the 20th percentile for height and 10 for weight
John Mark was in the 65th for height and 60th for weight...as she said "perfectly proportioned"
on a homeschooling note at the appt MK asked our ped a question about how she checked eyes, etc...Dr Hines responded with a pretty detailed answer in terms easily understood by a 9 yr old. To which MK then responded with "oh you mean....." and a more in depth way to explain the workings of an eye. Our pediatrician laughed and said "oh I totally forgot you were homeschooled!" made me feel good about our decision once again!

No comments: